Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Half Way There

Wow! I can't believe that already half of all of this is done. There are so many things that I have learned so far- both for the entertainment industry and for life.

First off, don't bite off more than you can chew... ever. It's not fun. I had the advantage of living here before this program started, but that also left me with a lot of obligations and activities to do since I didn't really 'move away.' I've definitely learned that going 5 days a week with only 3 hours of sleep every night, 12+ hour work days, and other obligations isn't something that should be done.

On a more fun note, the internships have been awesome. I am finally breaking waves at Spyglass and am really starting to enjoy it. Today we find out is SCC is going to be canceled or not (cross your fingers!) There are still some things that I hope to do though.

I want to try a day or two in the art department at SCC. What they create is absolutely amazing and I am in awe of everything that I see on the stages and even on location. What they can think of and what the construction crew can cook up is beyond spectacular.

At Spyglass, I am just hoping that I can continue to build strong contacts that will last outside of the internship when I leave. So far, it's looking good.

That's all I got for yall!

-Jake

No comments: