Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Is It Worth It?

So we only have about a week left here in Los Angeles. And now the question laying on all of our minds is, "Is it worth it?"

So was The Ladder Program worth it? I'd answer with a definite "yes."

A lot of the time we are bogged down so much with work for the program, staying late at our internships, and work for those internships that goes into off-hours, that we can get pretty frustrated and ready to be done with this. Nonetheless, I have learned more than I have in my life.

Going back to school and into the film program, I have so much to apply and feel 100% ahead of the game than most people. I've still got two and a half years left until I graduate, but that means that I have all that time to continue to build and nurture the network that I have already begun to establish.

The amount of money and time that this program takes is well worth the experience. It definitely opened up my mind to new opportunities that the industry offered. There was more than one time where I was second guessing where I want to be and ultimately end up in the entertainment industry. After it's all said and done though, I've solidified in stone that what I wanted to do in the beginning is still what I want to do now- of course, that can still change.

But along the way I have learned countless lessons that will ground me and give me a level head going into the crazy world of film and television. What I have learned will help me along the way tremendously. It was well worth it.

-Jake Castiglioni

No comments: